Thursday, October 11, 2018

Americana Junk Journal

I recently finished another junk journal. Since I love all things Americana, that is the
 theme I chose for this JJ.  It is available HERE in my Etsy shop.


I put three signatures into this JJ, each with 12 sheets. That means there are 144 pages.


I started decorating the cover and wasn't happy with how it was looking. I knew I had a stack of cross-stitch projects that had never been framed or otherwise "finished". I was so happy to find one that fit the size of the journal perfectly.



I found this cute Uncle Sam printable on Pinterest. So I printed it out on card stock, cut up the pieces, and put it together with small brads. So fun.


Isn't this red paper gorgeous? It was hand-dyed, but not by me. Bought on Etsy. But it has so much more character than a simple piece of red card stock or paper.


I love how this envelope turned out. I made the envelope using an 8X8 inch piece of card stock by Tim Holtz. Then I fashioned the two corner tuck spots by cutting the freedom rectangle on the diagonal. Then added goodies to the resulting pocket.



This is the center of the first signature. The vintage printables are tuck spots, but I didn't tuck anything into them.


This spread is dedicated to the US flag. 




The end of the first signature.


The start of the second signature.






Gorgeous tea-dyed paper, along with blue dyed paper.


The end of the second signature and the start of the third. Love the Lady Liberty image. I had fun with the policy-envelope style pocket on the left. Just unwrap the string to open it up.




Added some cut-outs from a Graphics 45 paper.


The pocket on the left has a clear plastic window. What you see is a tag that can be removed.


I love these vintage photos.




The center of the third signature.








The end of the third signature and the inside back cover.



1 comment:

CandeceG said...

I love this, I am almost ready to start my Forth of July journal. Thank you for the inspiration.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails