Thursday, December 13, 2018

Free Printables: Homage to the Pantone Color for 2019

Pantone is a company that is best known for its PMS (Pantone Matching System) color matching guides to make it easier for printers, designers, and others to select and match specific colors. Each year they identify the trendy color for the next year. For 2019 the color they identified is Living Coral, described as a "vibrant orangey pink". I decided to create an eclectic mix of tags using Living Coral as the inspiration.

I had wanted to use this cute image of the girls for a while. Their dresses weren't the right color, but I recently did a Graphics Fairy tutorial that showed how to use a layer mask to easily "paint" over areas in the design with the preferred color. And the quote was the perfect addition.

Of course, I had to use some European ephemera to make a tag. So much ephemera is French, so it was nice to use something in German instead.

But I couldn't leave out the French. This tag combines a portion of a map of France with a French Chateau. Interestingly, the Benjamin Moore paint company has named "Metropolitan Gray" as their color of the year. And it works so nicely with Living Coral. 

This is a collaged image using five layers -- a gradient background I created using Living Coral and white; a grunge overlay; the music added using a Photoshop brush; and the woman in the garden and tree branches from The Graphics Fairy. 

This tag also is collaged using the similar approach -- a gradient background, text from a Photoshop brush, and two images from The Graphics Fairy. 

The color was starting to remind me of Valentine's Day. As a result, we have this tag featuring Cupid and a quote from Shakespeare.

This lady with her fan already was dressed in Living Coral. It was easy to add the text with a brush and a little flourish at the top of the tag.

Lastly, I wanted to use some ephemera featuring an old-fashioned big-wheel bicycle (also known as a "penny farthing"). I ended up making three tags because there were such great image options from Pixabay. My favorite one is the first one, but I also like the others. For the background, I started with a vintage floral design from The Graphics Fairy, removed the (somewhat garish) colors, and blended it with Living Coral.




So that is my homage to the Pantone color of the year -- Living Coral.

Enjoy!






8 comments:

Gail said...

So lovely - thank you so much for sharing! I just received the Passport Journal die by Eileen Hull which is a smaller type die with the spine, covers and pages - I am liking it very much! Glad I found it at a good price with Free shipping from Sizzix - I am thinking these are going to be my Junk Journals for a bit!

Unknown said...

Pretty images! Thank you for sharing!

Aleida said...

Thanks for sharing, love this color!

pat in NY said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful images.

Shirley said...

Thank you so very much for your freebies. I am in awe of all your work. I love all your work and thank you again for sharing.

Craftymumz Creations said...

my moms favorite color! Thank you for sharing! I can see her using some of these!

Donna said...

I'm new to your lovely blog, and now I'm binge-reading! Can you post a link to the color overlay tutorial you mentioned?

LiahonaGirl said...

Donna: the tutorial is on the premium Graphics Fairy member site: https://members.thegraphicsfairy.com/2018/01/29/change-colors-in-image/

You need to be a paid member of The Graphics Fairy to see the tutorial.

Good luck.
Nancy

PS: please read the above text about how to not be a no reply blogger. If you make those changes, I can respond to you directly.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails