Friday, March 15, 2019

Vintage Ruler Journal Tags

I created some tags a few months ago featuring vintage wooden rulers and yardsticks. I decided to create a set of journaling background pages to go with them. You can find the background kit in my Etsy shop: Vintage Ruler Journal Pages.

I have now created a set of tags to work with the backgrounds. There are eight tags in the set, plus two BONUS tags. Click HERE to find the vintage tags in my Etsy shop.

These tags also coordinate with my Vintage Beekeeping Journal Kit.


The first tag has a newsprint background, and I combined lots of rulers to frame the background.

The next one includes a vintage price tag and a ticket. (You know they have to be vintage because NOTHING costs only .29 or .35 today.)

And the final one shown above is one of my favorites. I started with a generic BINGO card and then overlaid two ruler images on a couple of the rows.


The first tag above includes a bookplate in addition to the ruler image. I didn't write anything in the bookplate because I thought it would be fun to use a white-ink pen and hand write something.

The second tag has a script background. Toned down the butterfly to match the ruler and the background.

The last one above uses some of my favorite ruler images. But to add more interest, I blended in a damask pattern.


These are the last two. I knew I wanted to do a tag with some florals and found the perfect one (but the flowers were too pink). So with some Photoshop magic, I warmed them up to match the warm colors in the background ledger paper and the ruler.

And finally, I couldn't make tags without using a bee.

I think these tags work in such a wide variety of vintage style journals. I can't wait to start using them.



1 comment:

pammeyepoo said...

LOVE them! Can't wait to get some!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails