Friday, March 2, 2012

First Came Love…

IMG_0264

Then came marriage.

IMG_0262

Then came Penelope in the baby carriage.

Penelope born March 2 2012 A few hours old in this pic

And then came the baby quilt. And for the first time in a long time, I actually had the quilt done before the baby came.

IMG_1784 labeled


Penelope was born today – March 2, 2012.  (Some of us had been hoping for a Leap Day birth, but the trip to the hospital on the 29th was a false alarm.)

Book update: Release date is set for  June 2013. I know, that seems like forever, but I still do have a lot of work to do – and I’ll need every minute of time before my deadline  in June 2012.
I’ve been doing some freelance writing and editing for the folks at HandiQuilter. A great company with some great people. Too bad that the work  I’m doing for them doesn’t “require” them to permanently loan  me one of their quilting machines!
Bye for now. Back to my sewing room to finish the last few quilts.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Hey Nancy
Congratulations on the new baby in the family. We are expecting this year too, one grandchild for us and a great niece on my DH's side. I doubt I'll get baby quilts done before the events! I'm just now making the first one for our 3yo grandaughter. To let myself off the hook, I have made dresses and knitted things for her. Does that count?
Excited to hear your book is coming along. Takes a year to get it published, huh? Hope the wait doesn't seem longer.
Linda

Josie McRazie said...

Beautiful! (baby and quilt! LOL) you know our friends were induced the day before because they did NOT want a leap day baby! I said WHAT??? hehe

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Welcome to the world, baby Penelope! Congratulations to all of you! Lovely quilt - what a treasure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails