Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Free Printables: A Celebration of Winter

Still loving the abstract background from The Graphics Fairy. All of the cottage images are from Pixabay.


Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Free Printables: Castles In the Sky

This week's Graphics Fairy tutorial used their newest digital collection of abstract winter acrylic backgrounds. I did the tutorial and created the collage below. And then had fun with castle images and some great quotes about castles -- including quotes from Henry David Thoreau and Louisa May Alcott.

I loved the effect of blending the cottage into the background, so I found some castle pictures on Pixabay and did the same thing. Here are the results:


Sunday, December 9, 2018

Free Printables: Grunge Bingo Cards

Decided to create a few grungy bingo cards. They are 3-1/2 inches wide by 5-1/2 inches tall.

I chose a distressed metal background for this image. Knew I had to find a picture of metal screwhead to complete the grungy bingo card. 

Following the same theme, I used old distressed wood for the background and added some copper rivets to the corners.

I layered a couple grungy papers for this one, and then added the ruler to the top. I completed the bingo card with an artist's palette and paints.


Saturday, December 8, 2018

Free Printables: More for Christmas

I love using an image of wood as the background for printables. The visual texture always adds so much to the resulting printable. Here are some Christmas printables to prove that point! They are 5 X 7 inches, but you could easily resize them if needed.

I love the wood-burned look that comes from the drop shadows.

A green truck instead of the typical red trucks you see on this type of printable.

I really had some fun with this printable -- from a cute clipping photo mask, to the music overlay, to the darling Santa image, and all of the fun fonts! Not to mention trying out lots of different blending modes. I settled on "Luminosity". It really glows.

I couldn't NOT do a red truck printable too. But it's a tag instead.


Free Printables: Pockets for a Christmas Junk Journal

These printables measure 4-1/4 inches wide by just under 3-1/2 inches high.


Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Boho Junk Journal Flip Through

I finished this Boho junk journal a couple months ago, but finally took some photos to share. I created many of the printables as I was learning Photoshop Elements. I used some of my batik fabric stash and scraps, plus some sari silk in places. A mix of unique papers came from recent swaps. I love the word-strip quotes that I placed throughout the JJ.

I sewed in four 8-page signatures, for a total of 128 pages.
About half of the pages are for journaling.

Batik fabric on the cover. I added some sheer fabric with gold feathers that I received in a swap. Finally, I used a sari silk ribbon for a closure.

Turned out pretty chunky! I added some brass tinkle bells. They really do make a fun tinkle sound when I move the JJ.

The music pages in this JJ are from Clair De Lune by Debussy. It was music I've had ever since I learned to play this while taking piano lessons. I've been waiting for just the right JJ to use it in. The music seems to fit the boho theme, and I wanted to use it in a JJ I would be keeping for myself.

Inside the back cover -- a tri-fold tag with pockets.

Thanks for stopping by.


Related Posts with Thumbnails