Monday, March 31, 2014

Born on the Fourth of July Quilt

Proof positive that I'm quilting Jackson and Brianna's wedding quilt


I took the leap and loaded Jackson's quilt onto the studio frame and began quilting it with the HQ18 Avanté. Now I know that I'm showing that I'm a beginning machine quilter by quilting it with loops and stars, but it is an Americana quilt after all.


I'm using rulers to quilt piano keys in the striped borders. That actually takes longer than the free-motion loops and stars in the center. 

Hmmm, I wonder which of my many quilt tops  will have the honor of becoming the second quilt I machine quilt myself?

1 comment:

Josie McRazie said...

I just bought a long arm as well! I am 2 quilts in and each is a learning experience! But I am loveing every minute! Your loops and stars are beautiful and will make for an amazing soft texture!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails