Monday, January 1, 2018

Are you a no-reply blogger?


A no-reply blogger is someone that leaves a comment on a blogger blog, but doesn't have their email address linked to their account.

Why should you care? If you leave a comment I won't be able to respond to you. And if that comment included a question for me, I can't answer the question directly to you. If you would like to receive a return message from me so you won't feel like I'm purposely ignoring you, please consider linking your email address to your account. 

How to fix (assuming that you are using a Google account and email address):
  1. After you make a comment on my blog, click your name on the comment.
  2. This takes you to your Profile page. Then click the Edit Profile button.
  3. The second option under Privacy is whether or not to show your email address. Click the check box to enable this option and no longer be a "no-reply blogger". You can also change the email address associated with the profile.
  4. Save the changes to your profile and you are no longer a no-replay blogger.

Note that this doesn't mean that your email address will show up on the comment you made. However it does mean that there will be a link to your email address on your profile page.

You won't get spammed from doing this. I've had this option in my profile for more than nine years and haven't received spam from it. By doing this, I'll receive an email message when you make a comment and will be able to reply to the email because it has your email address.

Thanks for considering this.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails