Friday, February 23, 2018

Quilt Finish: Pinwheels for Caroline

Another long forgotten quilt top is finally quilted and bound. 



I finished the top in June 2011, blogged about it HERE, and am glad to move this from the UFO list to the DONE list. It has 930 pieces to make a quilt that is 51 X 60 inches. It was designed by Lori Smith (From My Heart to Your Hands) and is named Pinwheels for Caroline.

This is a great quilt to use up scraps. I used a variety of methods for making all of the half-square triangle units, depending on the size of my scraps. If I had strips, I used the Easy Angle HST ruler. If I had miscellaneous square scraps, I used triangle paper. You can read about the methods HERE.


Gotta love scrappy quilts! And quilting them with an all-over, edge-to-edge design is the perfect way to complete them. (Good thing, since that's really all I do!)

Enjoy!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails