Saturday, January 26, 2019

Vintage Bee / Beehive Journal

I made this journal yesterday and was so happy with how it turned out. I used Eileen Hull's Passport Scoreboards die to make the journal,which measures 3-1/2" X 5" X 1-1/4" spine.

I listed it on Etsy a couple hours ago, and alas, it already sold. That's a good thing, but I would have like to live with it a while before bidding farewell. So, posting pictures by which to remember it.

I patterned the cover after a bee tag I created a while back. It is posted on the blog if you want the tag. I modified it a bit for the cover of the journal. 

The back is the same except without the bee.

I created a closure with a vintage-style binder clip that is attached to a chain that is attached to an eyelet in the back.

Three signatures are inserted into the journal Midori-style, using 2mm elastic cording. And the bee charm attached to a piece of wood was the perfect addition to the spine.

I repeated the paper design for the inside front and back covers. The "wood ruler" image is actually printed to the spine piece. I also designed the beehive/honeycomb paper you see as the cover to the first signature.

The journal has lots of lined papers and is designed for lots of journaling.

More "grungy" pages for writing..

This page was part of a digital kit I purchased, but I added the teal green. It was originally a more yellow green, and I wanted it to match the teal colors I was using elsewhere in the book.

I designed the three tags.











Well, I think I'll be making another one of these real soon.


5 comments:

Lee said...

This is a beautiful journal! No wonder it sold so quickly! Thank you for sharing!

Gail said...

hOwdy - need to learn that technique for binding - I believe you sent it to me already - it will take some time - this is totally lovely Nancy!! Beautiful and fabulous - love that ruler and the entire pages! You did great!

auntiejenni said...

This is the most incredibly beautiful thing I've ever seen. Ever. You are truly inspired, Liahona Girl. I knew who you were right off. Your light so shines.

LiahonaGirl said...

auntiejenni: Since you are a "no-reply" commenter, I can't respond to you directly, but thank you for you nice comment. I was really happy with how this turned out, and I'm glad you like it. Living in the "beehive state" I guess makes me naturally gravitate towards beehives and all things "deseret". Thanks again. Nancy (aka Liahonagirl)

TerriLynn said...

Wow! Another incredible journal. It's really gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails