Friday, May 17, 2013

Home Machine Quilting Show -- 2013


Last week was HMQS -- Home Machine Quilting Show. I went to the show on Friday afternoon. (How great is it that I have a full-time job in the quilting industry and had time off to attend the show!)

I spent most of my time looking at the amazing quilts on display. Now that I'm learning to longarm quilt my own quilts, I have an even greater appreciation for the quilting skills that were on display at HMQS.

This was the best of show quilt -- by Marilyn Badger. Amazing!


Jen Alexander, who quilted many of the quilts in my book, also won several awards for her quilts (some made with her mother) and quilting. This quilt was made by many of the people involved in HMQS (including Jen, who quilted it) over the course of 10 years.


Enjoy the rest of the show:






And this one which was one of my favorites. It represents the Young Women values -- Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice and Accountability, Good Works, Integrity, and Virtue.




2 comments:

Gayle said...

I attended the show on Thursday - it was a GOOD one, huh?

McKatie said...

Gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails