Saturday, February 2, 2019

Vintage Victorian Journal Flip Through

Here is a recent journal. It is currently for sale in my Etsy shop: Bountiful Journals.

It uses my new Vintage Victorian digital journal kit, as well as my Shabby Chic tags kit. A selection of photos is below, but here is the video flip through to see the whole journal.



Fabric-wrapped cover is from Robyn Pandolph for Moda. 

I painted the bookplate white and then distressed it a bit with sand paper and ink. 

Three charms hang from tags that are on the cover of each signature. 






One of the belly bands I made, along with one of the tags. 




This is the center of the first signature. I created three collaged images to use as centers for the signatures.  



I love this floral background -- used three ways. As the page background, as a tabbed pocket, and as the digital background for a lacy, floral overlay. 


I used the same printable for the covers of each of the signatures. It combines a floral border, vintage ledger page, labels that I grunged up a bit, and grunging over the whole thing. 



I found a patterned paper pack that had 8-1/2 X 11 inch pages that were perfect for including in the journal. All I needed to do was pop them into my printer and print one of my backgrounds on the reverse side. 

The pocket is from my Vintage Victorian digital kit, and the tag is from my Shabby Chic tags kit.



The collaged image for the center of the second signature. I used an image of a vintage trolley ticket as part of the collage, printed a copy of it to use as a pocket, and then printed a smaller version in color as ephemera to tuck into the pocket. I think this is my favorite spread in the journal. 

I created three floral frames and added a "brass" label. The photo is from The Graphics Fairy.

 I love the small tuck/pocket at the bottom of the page. I created four of these, and they are perfect for adding scaled-down, printed, mini postcards, music paper, or ephemera.


 You can see how well the kit works with avocado-dyed paper. Plus, wherever I can (or think of it), I add lines to make journaling easier.

 Or, if not lines, then a grid for writing. I love writing on grid paper because it takes me back to Spain where most of the notebooks you buy use grids rather than lines. And the vertical belly band and journaling card work so well together.


 One of the corner/slated pockets along with one of the journaling cards.

Another of the floral frames.

There is lots of journaling space in this book.









Thanks for stopping by.






6 comments:

Hetty said...

Wow, this is an awesome album! So many wonderful details.

4rosie said...

I love this album. The attention paid to details is fantastic!

Nancy said...

Oh my! This journal is absolutely beautiful! Makes me want to make one right now!! Do you sell your journals or keep to give as gifts? I'm about out of mine. I give them away as gifts. I wouldn't be able to give that one away that you made if I were you, it's fantastic.
From another Nancy

LiahonaGirl said...

Hi Nancy.
Thanks for the nice comments. I do sell my journals. This Victorian one, as well as three smaller ones, are in my Etsy shop. Here is the link to my shop:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BountifulJournals

I do have a hard time selling them sometimes, but I enjoy making them.
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Nancy

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! I love the video! Really showcases the entire journal beautifully. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

ursula said...

Wow, this is just stunning, a real task of love....would love to be the recipient....luv Ursula xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails