Thursday, May 12, 2011

Antietam Quilt Top Finished

I don’t know why I waited so long to finish this quilt top, but I’m so glad I didn’t wait any longer. It was surprisingly quick to finish. Of course I already had sewn all of the half-square triangles back in November 2009 before I got my new sewing machine. So it was only appropriate that I finish it with my 10-year-old Pfaff machine while the Baby Lock Espire is being serviced.


I love the fabrics – “Traditions”, Collections for a Cause by Howard Marcus for Moda. It was a block of the month, and since I didn’t make the quilt as big as planned, I have plenty of leftover fabric.


I think I will use the extra fabric to make this Lori Smith pattern that I’ve wanted to do for a while. Since there were leftover half-square triangles from Antietam, I already have enough to make about 15 of the 77 pinwheel blocks (after trimming them to size). This will most likely not be a quick quilt to make – but it will be a good project to work on as a “leader and ender” project while working on other quilts.


I’m heading to my cabin at my brother’s ranch tomorrow. It is cattle branding and sheep shearing on Saturday. Plus, time to plant the vegetable garden.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

3 comments:

Berit said...

So pretty, both of them.

I just finished my first quilt top yesterday (it's a small table-top quilt). Overall, I think I did pretty well, though a couple of the corners are downright hysterical. I did a bunch of un-doing and re-doing, so I'm going to move on and call it done. if I wait for my first attempt to be perfect, it'll never get done!

Sounds like a good family time--enjoy it!

Martha said...

I love the Antietam Quilt. Can't wait to see the pinwheel quilt. I might have to get that pattern.

Loraine said...

All your quilts are fabulous! I especially like the Lori Smith quilt you are going to work on. I just lover her stuff.
Hope you have fun and your brothers ranch!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails