Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Challenge Junk Journal with Free Thanksgiving Printables

On the Facebook group Printables for your Junk Journaling with TLC, we were issued a challenge to use a cover image designed by the group's owner/admin (and owner of the Etsy shop TLC Creates Vintage). Here's a look at my finished journal.


It measures 4 inches wide by 5 inches tall. There is one 15-page signature,
which means there are 60 pages. 


Here you can see both the front and back covers. And here's the printable
for the tabbed pocket on the back.


I took this opportunity to use many of my favorite background papers. Rather than print on white paper, I printed on ivory-colored paper. So, what would have been white is a nice ivory color instead.

On the back of each of the pages, I printed simple plain lines for journaling. By using the ivory paper I didn't have any stark white pages in the book. I also printed two pages on brown craft paper to add some contrast to all of the similarly toned pages.


Inside the front cover.

I created the floral image that inside the front and back covers. I started with an image from Pixabay and toned the bright colors into something that would work in the autumn/Thanksgiving-themed journal. I then overlaid an ephemera image. Here is the image if you'd like to download it.


Remember that it is 8 inches wide by 5 inches high.
If you need it a different size, you'll need to scale it accordingly.


I also used a cut-apart page from Graphics 45 for some of the
tuck spots and tags, as you can see on the left above and below. 



This page features two of the printables I made for the journal -- a tabbed pocket and a
tag. You can download them below.








This is the center of the signature. And here's the printable of the tabbed pocket.





More Graphics 45 cut-aparts.


The tag is below.











Enjoy!









4 comments:

Gail said...

Nancy - I am loving this journal very much -the assembly is fabulous - thank you for sharing the printables as well - I so appreciate receiving them!

LiahonaGirl said...


Gail: Thanks for the nice comment. This was a fun one to make. I wasn't going to do the challenge at first, but glad that I did.

Unknown said...

Your journal is beautiful--grungy is my favorite-thanks for sharing all of the tags and the journal paper.

dandyonthelake said...

This is Beautiful ! Congratulations on making something so Gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails