Friday, November 16, 2018

Free Printables: Vintage Collages

I decided to create some collage printables, similar to the ones I featured in this post. This time, rather than vintage photos, I used paintings from the Pre-Raphaelites and put them in ornate frames. I also added ephemera and miscellaneous objects they might have sitting on a desk. I like how they turned out. Oh, and the borders are Willliam Morris designs.



This first one is quite simple. Perhaps she is about to respond to the letter 
she just received or is going to write in her journal.


A little more going on it this collage. I really wanted to add more metallic elements since the frame has the bronze elements. And although the coins aren't shiny and gold, they reinforce the metallic lock and keys that are strewn across her desk.


As I was making this collage, I was imagining a well-to-do British woman planning a trip to the United States. Her passport is ready. Under a brass paperweight lay the calling cards of two others who will be on the ship with her. She has a miniature painting of her daughter who won't be joining her on this trip. She is so excited that she has been carrying around her receipt for the passage for so long that it has become tattered and dirty. And she just picked up her boarding pass for the ship -- yep, the Titanic. Although the timing of the Titanic and the Pre-Raphaelites don't quite coincide, I stumbled across the Titanic ephemera images and they were too good not to use. 

Enjoy.



6 comments:

Wendy said...

You are just so creative to beautifully put together images which tell a story!

SM Tiffany Lane said...

Can I have it are they freebies I love them.

Wendy said...

Please please make some more of these
beautiful story boards!!!!!

LiahonaGirl said...

Shabby Sue: Yes, you may use any of my printables.

LiahonaGirl said...

Thanks Wendy. I'll have to put on my thinking cap and consider making more.

Verne said...

Thanks for the generosity of sharing your exquisite work, I have been Inspired so much and can’t get enough of all the pretty things xxxxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails