Thursday, April 4, 2019

Steampunk Junk Journal

I finished this journal a while ago and am finally getting around to sharing it and putting into my Etsy shop. You can find the journal listing HERE.

It is 3.5 inches by 5 inches, with a 1.25 inch spine. There are three 10-sheet signatures for a total of 120 pages. The signatures are sewn into the spine with waxed linen thread. Several pages include die-cut gears to further embellish the pages. And I love the color scheme that has pops of teal.

A simple collage adorns the front cover. There is a hitch post closure. And there is a charm on a tab on the front page of each signature.






 



























Thanks for visiting my blog.



11 comments:

DawnMaree said...

I really like this journal. The binding is way to cute. The pages are awesome! Love your work Nancy.

tigermousecat said...

Wow! This is absolutely drop dead gorgeous! Is this a kit or your own design? If it is your own design I would love to see it as a kit on your Etsy site! Love Steampunk! Thanks for sharing.

LiahonaGirl said...

Tigermouse: The pages came from a variety of places and many I recolored or tinted to work with each other. I know that some were from EphemerasGarden (Steampunk Voyage kit) and some were from VectoriaDesigns Traveller's Pack kit. I'm working on a steampunk kit and i will be these colors, but it will be mostly different images. I'm glad you liked it.

Linda Storey said...

Love this journal. Steampunk is one of my favs. Thanks so much for sharing this & your talents with all of us.

3 CCCreativity said...

This is the best Steampunk Journal I have every seen. Your book is definitely steampunk but in a very classy way. The graphics are fabulous and original in their use. So glad I found your site.

annette lee said...

this is wonderful and so creative! i've seen some steampunk stuff, but this is so much more useable!

Gail said...

Hi Nancy! Oh my oh my - you are getting my Mojo going - I soooooo love this journal - every page shown is fabulous work - the cover is out of this world beautiful! TFS

jenclair said...

Absolutely gorgeous journal!

Mary O'Brien said...

Is this journal made using one of Eileen Hull dies? If so which one. Great work as usual.

LiahonaGirl said...

To Mary O'Brien:
Yes, that was made using the Eileen Hull Passport die.

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Wow!!! I absolutely love this journal! I'm thinking of making a steampunk themed one myself. Thanks so much for the inspiration!
Hugs, Sharron♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails