Monday, August 12, 2019

New Journal and Journal Kit: Masculine Vintage Themes

You don't see many masculine-themed journals or digital journal kits. I decided it was time to make some myself. This journal uses my Vintage Masculine Journal Kit (found HERE).


There are ten background spreads in the kit. Each is shown two ways: with and
without added grunge. 


These two spreads feature baseball and US Military. Note that the Times Square kissing photo in the military background page is NOT the original one by Eisenstaedt. Unlike the Eisenstaedt photograph, which is protected by copyright, this Navy photograph is in the public domain as it was produced by a federal government employee on official duty.


The journal is passport-sized (3-1/2 X 5 inches, by 1-1/4 inches tall). It has a hard cover that was made by using the Eileen Hull passport die.  If you are new to the Eileen Hull Passport Die, you can find it HERE.  NOTE: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchase.


I use 2mm elastic cording to hold three individual signatures in the journal, and use the same cording as a closure for the journal. You can see my photo tutorial for threading the elastic HERE.















I knew I had to add a background spread dedicated to fishing as my dad was an avid fly fisherman. And who doesn't love the look of vintage automobiles.


I had put together the western spread, but it needed something. I was so happy to find two vintage wanted posters from the 1800s. They were the perfect addition. 


And a couple seafaring / sailing spreads in the kit.




















The digital journal kit also includes 5 envelopes, 6 pockets, 10 tags, and 2 bonus printables.




Thanks for visiting my blog.


NOTE: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchase.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails