Sunday, August 4, 2019

New Journal: Vintage Sheet Music with Butterflies, Bees, and Birds

Here's a "flip through" of my latest journal. This features one of my newest digital journal kits found in my Etsy shop HERE. Note that the journal kit pages are sized at 10X7 inches, or 5X7 inches when folded into a signature. I resized the pages for the passport-sized journal below.

To add to the vintage feel, I print on Ivory Southworth Parchment paper. It is 32# paper, so it has a nice weight to it. You can find it on Amazon HERE.  NOTE: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchase.

I selected one of the pages to use as the covers.

You'll find a tutorial of how I thread my cording through the spine HERE.











Since I found this very old-fashioned music sheet, I had to add Medieval images so I could use this page in my next Medieval journal. It works with my Medieval journal kit found HERE.















Thanks for visiting.



NOTE: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchase.








2 comments:

The Art of Els Schutte said...

Good afternoon, I love your journals and I will buy a set of you!!! I saw you are sewing them together??? I have Eileen Hull die but I thought you only are using the rubberband..............Thanks Els

LiahonaGirl said...

Hi Els. I hope you see this response since you don't have an email address associated with your account. (See the note at the top of my comments page about being a "no-reply blogger".

But to answer your question: Yes, I sew the signatures together. I add a center hole using an awl, and then use waxed linen thread and do a 3-hole pamphlet stitch. It keeps the pages nice and tight when inserted into the elastic cording.

Sometimes I have also punched a center hole in the spine and sewn the pages to the spine.

Thanks for visiting my blog.
Nancy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails