Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Beautiful Dinkey-Dyes Silk Floss

What a treat to go to the mailbox today and be greeted by a wonderful and kind gift from Jo Mason, the owner of Dinkey-Dyes hand-dyed silk floss. Her company and line of floss was new to me and I am so excited to try them out on a project pattern I bought on Saturday.


Thanks so much Jo!

I am traveling next week for work, but hope that I can fit some stitching in. This is definitely the project I'll work on if I have time. 

If you haven't stitched with silk, you MUST do it. It feels different while you're stitching -- the threads just glide so smoothly through those little evenweave holes. And the touch of the finished stitching is just luscious! Jo's silk flosses are beautiful.  The two skeins shown above at the far left, called Araluen, have such a wonderful range of colors -- from moss to tan to brown to red. I can't wait to get this into my needles!

Please check out Dinkey-Dyes online to see everything that they have to offer. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, those colors are gorgeous! I've never tried that brand before. I'll have to look for some. Enjoy! Nancy D. in NY

Deb said...

Those silks are gorgeous. I love working with silk - it's like butter going through the fabric. I have used Dinkey Dyes and they're very nice threads.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails