Thursday, March 18, 2010

Quickie Quilt

Lately I've been doing more stitching that quilting, but I did recently finish an easy quilt top. Here's my finished quilt top:



The fabric is the Williamsburg American Heritage collection by Windham Fabrics. LOVE IT! I've got enough fabric to make another quilt using the same fabric. I knew I just had to find the right pattern. And wha'd'ya know? I was looking at one of my quilting magazines and found a darling quilt that uses these same fabrics. It's from the Feb. 2009 McCall's Quilting Magazine, and is called Proudly We Wave, designed by Susan McDermott.




It's unusual for me to find two quilts in the same issue of a magazine that I want to make, but over the holidays I had made the quilt that was featured on the cover of this issue of the magazine. Somehow I had totally missed this patriotic quilt -- but it's now on my list, especially since I have the fabrics already.

Here's the magazine cover quilt, called "Nana's Nine Patch", designed by Lynn Lister:


And here's my version (I used black sashing strips rather than navy blue):


I absolutely love the borders.


This quilt was so fun to make! And I love the rich colors and contrast in the blocks. 

8 comments:

Linda said...

Really love the comfy looking quilts. those are the ones i enjoy the most. I managed to finish a top this week also, I'll The baby and her parents =) are coming down today, and the quilt show is the weekend. Cannot wait to go, for the vendors if nothing else.
Linda

Wendy said...

Hi,

I just found your blog while surfing on the internet!! Love your stitching you are doing and I'm an addicted stitcher as well :) It is wonderful to see eachother's work through blogging. I just became a follower of your blog and I come back to visit again.

Greetings from Belgium,
Wendy

LiahonaGirl said...

Thanks for stopping by Wendy! I'm a stitchery addict as well.

Linda: Enjoy the time with you grandbaby!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

WHat a wonderful quilt, Nancy! I love the dark colors you used on the second quilt, especiallY!

Deb said...

Both your quilts look wonderful Nancy. I love both of them, but for some reason the first one keeps making me go back and look at it - I do like the colors in that one.

Nancy-Jane said...

I love those warm colors, too. Your blog is wonderful!

Raven/Missy said...

Your quilts are beautiful and I love the warm soothing colors as well. I think the black sashing strips really set off the colors in the 9 patches better than the navy blue.

LiahonaGirl said...

Thanks for all of the kind comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails