Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Boho Junk Journal Flip Through

I finished this Boho junk journal a couple months ago, but finally took some photos to share. I created many of the printables as I was learning Photoshop Elements. I used some of my batik fabric stash and scraps, plus some sari silk in places. A mix of unique papers came from recent swaps. I love the word-strip quotes that I placed throughout the JJ. 

I sewed in four 8-page signatures, for a total of 128 pages.
About half of the pages are for journaling.

Batik fabric on the cover. I added some sheer fabric with gold feathers that I received in a swap. Finally, I used a sari silk ribbon for a closure.

Turned out pretty chunky! I added some brass tinkle bells. They really do make a fun tinkle sound when I move the JJ.














The music pages in this JJ are from Clair De Lune by Debussy. It was music I've had ever since I learned to play this while taking piano lessons. I've been waiting for just the right JJ to use it in. The music seems to fit the boho theme, and I wanted to use it in a JJ I would be keeping for myself.



















Inside the back cover -- a tri-fold tag with pockets.


Thanks for stopping by.



7 comments:

Gail said...

We never grow up.... Love that statement - lovely Journal and I agree - the sentiments are fab TFS

tigermousecat said...

This would make a lovely Christmas gift! Perfect, love the detail but not over cluttered! You do such lovely work.

Christine said...

Love this journal, Nancy. So happy you are sharing your work on you blog...

Unknown said...

Wow! Gorgeous journal!! I love it!

Craftymumz Creations said...

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

tigermousecat said...

I am so in love with this journal! The colours are my style. Go bold or go home! I am so happy to see you getting into designing printables. You have such a good eye for colours and design.

Roseanne said...

Oh My Gosh - this is a gorgeous journal. I love all your choices of papers. Thanks for sharing this, Nancy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails