Sunday, December 30, 2018

"I Love Paris" Junk Journal Kit

A couple weeks ago I challenged myself to create an entire digital journal kit. I finished it in about a week or so and have asked a few journal makers to test it for me. In the meantime, I also made a journal that I've listed on Etsy. This post features the two kits. I'll be creating a new post featuring the completed junk journal itself.

First a peek at the journal pages and ephemera. Obviously in the purchased download, there are no watermarks.

This picture represents the background page journaling kit. There are 20 background pages -- half are sage green and half are a pinkish peach. The pages print out at 10 X 7 inches, resulting in a page that is 5 X 7 when folded. Two of the top row images are a full 8-1/2 X 11 inches so they are easily printed on the back of ephemera or background pages with no worry that they won't cover the entire page.

The following pictures show the ephemera that is in the I Love Paris Ephemera Kit.

I especially love vintage-style postcards, I did two each in peach and sage.

I decided to do some postcards that would contrast well with the peach and sage color scheme, just to create some variety. The upper left Ferris wheel postcard started out as a true vintage postcard. But I added the script text, the "grunginess", and the postcard label. For the bottom left postcard, I used a portion of a vintage photograph that showed the construction of the Eiffel Tower. I created the two postcards on the right from scratch, combining postcard text, some vintage script, and a variety of images that seemed kind of vintage France to me.


You may have seen these tags that I made several weeks ago. I updated them for this journaling kit and used the sage green and peach color scheme.

And now for some envelopes from the kit.


These are sized to hold a gift card. I like to fold them (into thirds) and just put them into the journal like an envelope.

This is a vertically oriented envelope, much like an oversized coin envelope. 

The Eiffel Tower image is a small coin envelope. The chalet image on the left folds up to be a pocket that can be glued into a journal, or left to use however you'd like.

These are library-style pockets. If you print something on the back of the paper, then when the pocket is folded that will show above the pocket. In the picture below you can see a little corner peeking through where I've printed a matching background.

Two mirror-image corner pockets.
Lastly, we have eight journaling cards in sage and peach. The same card images are featured in each color, but I've added sayings about France to two of them in each colorway.

I hope you like these kits. I was really pleased with how they turned out. After all, who doesn't love Paris?? I've been there six times since I was 19, and it never gets old -- not the food, not the shopping, not the ambiance, not anything!

Enjoy.





3 comments:

Gail said...

This is a very nice journal kit - how awesome to have been to Paris so many times - thanks for sharing your work and information - Happy New Year!

tigermousecat said...

Can't wait to see it in shop! Love the soft colours and all the add-ons. Good luck with sales. I am certain it will be a fave. Perhaps a Marie Antoinette next?

Unknown said...

Beautiful work!! Love the fact that there are SO many pages and items offered!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails