Saturday, February 13, 2010

Heart to Heart Blocks

The weather is kind of grey, with snow possible, so I ran my errands early and got into my sewing room by about 10:30 a.m.  Finished the heart appliques for the remaining five blocks in about two hours.  Tonight while watching the Olympics I'll cut out leaves and flowers to embellish the blocks, and get them prepped for applique.  I also ordered online some black fabric with white pin-dots to use as sashing.

 
I don't have a design wall, so had to photograph on my "design floor". 

Lunch time: sandwich with leftover meatloaf. I got some grass-fed beef and pork from my brother's ranch. Totally organic, well cared for, no hormones or steroids. And because they never had any grain (which is a good thing since cattle stomachs were never intended for digesting grain), the meat is very lean. No grease to pour off after cooking the meatloaf.

Branding day at the PX ranch. I wonder which of these ended up in my freezer? (I'm probably glad I don't know.)

 
 

 
 

1 comment:

jilly said...

Nancy,

Thank you so much for your kind words and prayers. As we live over 300 miles from family, I have kept busy stitching while I wait for more news. Believe I got more done today then I usually do.

Blessings,
Jilly

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails