Then, I've still got 50 triangles (have completed only 2) and the four corners. At 3 per week, that's another 18 weeks. But considering I made my first DJ block on Sept. 10, 2004 -- and haven't made one since 2/13/2005 (YES, that's 5 years ago!), spending another 36 weeks (** that would be 74 weeks **) on this quilt (not counting sewing the sashing to the blocks and assembling the quilt top itself, doesn't sound that long. This isn't a commitment to finish the blocks in 74 weeks -- but rather an acknowledgment that it is possible (just not probable!).
Anyway, here are the 3 blocks I made over the weekend.
It's funny that the process of scanning or photographing, and then viewing on the computer monitor, makes the mistakes are so obvious! On the K8 block (in purple) I noticed that one of the background pieces was attached upside down so the back is on the front. This isn't obvious when looking at it in person, but boy is it obvious in the photo. I'm NOT redoing the block however. But I might redo K1, the pieced block with the tan stripey print. The paper pieced pattern did not match the actual block and as a result, my lights and darks aren't all in the right spots. (Plus I was very rusty with my paper piecing and I could have done a better job.)
I also discovered a terrific blog, That Quilt, by Anina. She has shown her piecing, applique and paper-piecing process for about three fourths of the DJ blocks -- so far. It is a terrific resource for those working on DJ quilts.