Monday, February 7, 2011

Antique Fair: I Was the Winner

At the Heritage Quilters retreat at the end of January, I was lucky to win a door prize in one of Carrie Nelson’s classes. And I couldn’t have been more pleased with the prize: a layer cake of Moda’s Antique Fair fabrics by Blackbird Designs. I love the soft colors of the fabrics. Once they are incorporated into a quilt, it will truly look like a beloved antique from years past.
Photo credit: Blackbird Designs: One Stitch at a Time
As I was blog-hopping over the weekend, I discovered that Barb Adams has published a free pattern using the layer cake pre-cuts. And it’s a basket quilt – so what’s not to love?

Photo credit: Blackbird Designs: One Stitch at a Time
All I need to add are 3 more light prints and 3 more dark prints, plus 1-1/4 yard of the red print for the alternating blocks. So, add this project to the to-do list. I even have yardage of their Rhubarb and Ginger sampler fabric that will be perfect for the backing.


You can find the Blackbird Designs free pattern here.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Great win and a great quilt too. Thanks for posting the link to the pattern.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails