Sunday, February 6, 2011

Seeing Double

A couple years ago I subscribed to a block-of-the-month from Homestead Hearth of Lori Smith’s Golden Memories Sampler Quilt



Homestead Hearth was doing the BOM in two colorways, and since I couldn’t decide which I preferred and bought both. The first uses Kansas Troubles fabrics; the second uses shirtings and 19th-century reproductions.

Kansas Troubles Fabrics

Reproduction Fabrics

Since the blocks are fairly involved, it has been easier to work on both combinations at the same time. I’m making slow progress, but I’m loving the outcome. There are 32 sampler blocks (or 64 considering the two colorways) – plus 31 pieced alternating blocks and 18 setting blocks per quilt.

So should I keep going at this pace -- working on both quilts at the same time, or aim to finish one before working on the other? Which one do you like the best? I still can't decide which I like better.

Time to finish the munchies I'm taking to my brother's Super Bowl party.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

The quilt is going to be beautiful!
I would probably work on both at the same time. Enjoy!♥

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails