Monday, January 25, 2010

I May Have Gone a Little Overboard!

I'm definitely ready to sew some Schnibbles. I don't know that I'm doing the same projects as those who have been making them for the past several months, but I picked the ones I like and am ready to get sewing!




I've also been slow to purchase charm packs and layer cakes -- due to my bountiful stash. But, I stocked up on  some charm packs and a couple layer cakes. I gravitate towards Civil War and Folk Art fabrics, which I know aren't always the best choices when making quilts for my nieces and nephews and new babies. So the charm and layer cake packs are a good way for me to break out of my fabric rut and use fabrics I wouldn't typically purchase.  The Oz and Blush lines are a bit more of a stretch for me -- and I'm looking forward to using them (most likely in a Schnibble). I  love the fabrics, but they aren't "me". Some lucky  family members will probably be the recipients of those quilts.



I can't wait to get started! But tonight I'm doing laundry and cleaning my kitchen since I'll be running errands tomorrow evening -- and then off to the HQNA Winterfest retreat with Kim Diehl. My fabrics are ready for my classes. I just need to make sure I have all of my supplies, and then pack my car for Wednesday! I'm hoping that I'll be able to take some photos at the event that will be of interest  to you!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails