I decided to turn one of my downstairs bedrooms into a sewing room. Some of my must-have requirements:
- LOTS of cupboard and drawer space for stash, WIPs, UFOs, patterns, books, tools, etc.
- A cutting and pressing area at a comfortable counter height
- A desk area for a computer and printer
- Sewing machine area, with room for two machines and two sewists (I didn't want to say "sewer" because that has another meaning that isn't too appealing, and "seamstress" implies clothing construction)
- Place for TV with VCR/DVD/cable connection