Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Baby Quilt

One of my nephews and his wife are expecting their first baby in March, so I've got to get busy on a baby quilt. I ran across a cute pattern in the Connecting Threads catalog and have decided to modify it slightly for my soon-to-be-born great niece. (Not sure why is she a "great niece" rather than a "grand niece" -- since her grandmother is my sister, "great niece" never sounds right to me.)

I found out that they are decorating the baby's room in pinks and browns -- so  I'll do the quilt in those colors (which is easy since I have lots of fabulous pink and brown fabrics).

Here's the inspiration quilt:


And here is my variation:




I'm primarily using Lucien Antique Rose fabrics in pink and brown which I bought a month or two ago, but will add some other fabrics from my stash. You can see them at Shabby Fabrics.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails